Friday, June 10, 2011

Maybe Cleverbot reads this

Ever click on 'New Post' and spend minutes just staring at the blank field, wondering what you should blog about? What your title should be?Whether you should choose the title first, or just skip to the post section? I decided to just start typing instead of procrastinating like I have been so long (and what does the content matter anyway - no one reads this blog. According to the chatbox on the right, in any case. I think they're all just spammers wanting me to go to their blog and join some bogus contest! It's depressing. I have a feeling the messages are all from autobots. Anyone know how to prevent this? You, autobot reader, can you tell me?)

Back to the task at hand. I'm just going to write the first thing that comes to mind, never mind if the language is rubbish and the content crappy. If I learnt anything from Nanowrimo, it's that the way to get over writer's block is to focus on quantity, not quality. So though my days of writing have long past, I am going to shake of the dust, scrape of the rust, and increase that word count.

I love salmon sushi. It's an awesome, awesome taste. A fish dish best served cold and raw, with a little slice of lemon. The taste...the taste... one couldn't say it's sweet, nor sour or bitter or salty. Unagi it is then. But ever so subtle -everything about the salmon sashimi is subtle. It's soft, slightly chewy texture, it's mysterious flavour that you can only notice if it's served cold, it's fishiness that's so different from that of the tuna or the butter fish. Salmon, just salmon.

Groupon deals are becoming less and less attractive. There are too many offers for mani-pedis, facials, massages (Swedish, Thai, infrared (?), stone, you name it), body slimming sessions, make-up classes... I think a good 70% of Groupon deals are targeted at beauty nuts. Where are all the good food deals? Where are all the fun activities? Don't you remember the time when you sold those RM6 ice-skating tickets, and I bought 20 of them, and had to use most of them myself because not all my friends wanted to go? We had such fun then, Groupon. Come on!

That's not to say I haven't used any of those beauty deals myself. What hurts is when you spend RM38 on a mani coupon only to find a RM30 offer for mani, pedi and massage a few days later. Scarred me so bad I haven't bought a mani-pedi coupon since. Well that and I decided it just wasn't worth it.

Facebook and Twitter seem to me like the easy way out for people with blogger's block. Instead of expanding on an idea or feeling, a blogger might be tempted to just polish it off in a one-liner on his/her status message and enjoy the satisfaction of almost immediate feedback. I don't like those things. It's like free samples of orange juice at the market - customers drink the small portions up because it' free, then walk away and forget about it. At least, I do. If your audience is reading your stuff just because it's on their wall, then maybe you should find a different audience.

Like these autobots. At least they came here off their own accord. I didn't have to post anything on their walls. So I don't get any human feedback. No gifts from Cafeworld, no pokes, no likes. No matter. These lovely autobots keep up the activity on this site even when I'm gone.

So thank you autobots. Any of you know Cleverbot personally?

Off to study,
Jenna


No comments:

Post a Comment